The Unitedly Service Group team has put together a set of six home energy-saving tips for Earth Day. Here are some energy-saving tips for Southeast Minnesota homeowners:
- Install a programmable or smart thermostat: Either of these options of thermostat allows you to automatically adjust your home’s temperature throughout the day, saving energy when you’re asleep or not home.
- Upgrade to energy-efficient appliances: Look for appliances with the ENERGY STAR label, which indicates that they meet energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Insulate your home: Proper insulation helps to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, reducing your energy bills year-round.
- Seal air leaks: Leaky windows and doors can let in cold air in the winter and hot air in the summer, making your HVAC system work harder than necessary. Sealing these leaks can save you money on your energy bills.
- Use energy-efficient lighting: LED bulbs use less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs and last longer, making them cost-effective.
- Choose low-water-flow fixtures: Installing low-flow showerheads and faucets can reduce your water usage and save energy by reducing the amount of hot water you use.
By using these energy-saving tips, you can reduce your energy bills and help to protect the environment.