April 2, 2023
The Unitedly Service Group team has put together their top ten spring home care tips for Rochester, Minnesota residents:
- Clean gutters and downspouts: Winter weather can cause a lot of debris to build up in your gutters and downspouts. Clear them out to prevent water damage to your home.
- Check your roof: Winter weather can also cause damage to your roof. Inspect your roof for any missing or damaged shingles, and make repairs as needed.
- Clean your windows: Spring is the perfect time to give your windows a thorough cleaning. Use a window cleaner and a squeegee to make them sparkle.
- Check your air conditioning unit: Before the hot summer months arrive, make sure your air conditioning unit is in good working order. Change the filters, and have it serviced if necessary.
- Clean your outdoor furniture: If you left your outdoor furniture outside over the winter, it’s probably in need of a good cleaning. Use a mild detergent and a soft brush to clean it up.
- Give your lawn a good start: Spring is the time to fertilize your lawn and give it a good start for the summer months. You can also reseed bare spots and fill in any areas where the grass has died.
- Clean your grill: Get your grill ready for the summer by giving it a good cleaning. Scrub the grates, empty the ash catcher, and clean the exterior of the grill.
- Organize your garage: Spring cleaning isn’t just for the inside of your home. Take some time to organize your garage and get rid of any clutter.
- Inspect your home’s exterior: Walk around the outside of your home and look for any damage or wear and tear. This could include cracks in the foundation, peeling paint, or damaged siding.
- Check your smoke & carbon monoxide detectors: Spring is a good time to check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and replace the batteries if necessary. This is an important safety measure that should be done regularly.